Sunday, April 19, 2009

Early Birthday

It's been a busy, yet fun weekend. Both Jonathan and my parents came into town on Friday night to celebrate my birthday a little early. We went to a new restaurant called The Chop House and then went back to our house for some yummy cake! J's parents spent the weekend with us and it was so great to hang out with them. This spring has proven to be very busy for J and I, with something every weekend. The next two weekends we will be out of town for weddings, and in the midst of that, we will be trying to move. Not sure how it's all going to come together, but I know that the good Lord will help us with the transition. I have already been collecting boxes from work to use for the move. I will probably start packing up some of the house this week. It will be sad leaving this house where we started our married life together. We've loved it here. It's the perfect size and I don't have any complaints. We hate to move, but because I plan on going back to school to get my masters at USC, we have to get back to SC so that I can receive in-state tuition. In the long run, it will be worth it, but it's just hard right now because we have so much going on and trying to move at the same time. Mama is coming up on Thursday to help me pack up some and from there we will ride together to Greenville for Hanna's wedding weekend. I am very excited about the fun weekend ahead of us!

On another note, J already gave me my bday gifts...he can't keep things a secret for long...he gets too excited. So, he wanted to go ahead and give me my presents early. He did WAY too much! I got a Garmin (because I always steal his from his car), a new pair of awesome tennis shoes, and a shewing basket and sewing materials. J's mom gave me her sewing machine and for the past few months, i've been talking about how I want to learn how to sew. I was very surprised by all the gifts and love how thoughtful my awesome husband is. He must get it from his mom because she gave me a box full of new clothes this weekend. I am so thankful for such an awesome new family that I have become a part of since J and I got married!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

It was great spending time with all the Andersons on Friday night (and spending the night)and shopping on Sat.!
How sweet of J! So glad you have a Garmin now! Yep, you've got to begin those sewing lessons so you can make some cutesy things for little D!!!
Can't wait to see you shoes too!
I LOVE YOU!!!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg