Monday, June 2, 2008

First Shower

This weekend me, mama, and J traveled to Atlanta for my first shower. J's aunt and his mom's best friend hosted a beautiful and awesome shower. We all had so much fun and I got tons of gifts. Everything from a Kitchen Aid Mixer to some of my everyday china. All the ladies I met were so sweet. J's grandparents were even able to come down from Florida for the weekend. His grandmother, Nana, is the sweetest lady in the world. I'm so glad mama got to meet some of his extended family before the wedding. J spent Saturday golfing with his dad, brother, and granddad. As we dropped off J in Augusta on our way home yesterday, we unloaded all the gifts in our house. I can't wait to go to Augusta this weekend and unpack and organize everything around the house. And you should be so proud of me, I already wrote all the thank you notes! Okay, well I at least I was proud of myself, and already dreading having to write the millions of thank you notes for the wedding gifts, J will def be helping out on those!


Me with all the wonderful hostess'


All the gifts (notice the blue superman bag, a gift I had to take home that was just for J :))
The delicious food table



Playing a fun trivia game about Me and J





Mama and J's mom (Ro) thinking they can fit into one chair together...haha!

opening gifts


Meredith made me a bouquet out of all the ribbons from the gift wrap



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome weekend we had with J's family! What fabulous hosts his mom and dad were in their beautiful home!
I am still in awe at all the wonderful gifts you received at the shower on Sat.! I hope you realize that it took ME 27 years to get a Kitchenaid mixer!!
Now we're getting excited about the Southern Living shower on Sunday!!
ILY! Mama

JJ said...

Oh you think so??

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg