Wednesday, June 18, 2008

You have got to be kidding me!

When gas is $3.85, I go as long as I can before stopping to fill up again. I drive slower, I don't accelerate as fast, try to keep the air conditioner off as much as possible, and all of this to help my tank get a little better gas mileage. If I drove a little car, I probably wouldn't have to worry about this as much, but when you go and fill up your tank and you pay a good $110, your heart drops and you want to cry. Yes my friend, you read it right...$11o.

Yeah it's terrible, and I don't wish this upon anyone!
Ok, point of me telling you all this....I ran out of gas on the way to work this morning!
I got in the car and realized first thing that I needed to get gas. I thought I had enough gas to get me through town in order to find the cheapest gas station. I just refused to pay $3.85...i had to find cheaper and I knew I could! Well, God intended for me to pay that $3.85 cause he made sure I didn't make it to find cheaper gas...or to a gas station at all. All the sudden as I was driving down the road, I feel the car jerk and realize I have very little power steering and can't accelerate at all. I pull over on the side of the road and call Trish to the rescue! Thank goodness I was only about 10 mins from my house.

So when i'm actually trying to save money, it backfires on me. I run out of gas and I end up having to get gas at the next closest station and of course it was $3.85 per freakin gallon. I know this is cheap compared to some cities out there, but for us in the little ol town of lexington, I know there is cheaper!!!

There you have it, my wednesday morning saga!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Cameron, I feel the same way about gas . What a rotten start to your day. Enjoy the beach next week!!! Aunt Steph

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg