Friday, July 11, 2008

Book Worm

My new favorite hobby:
READING!

Yes i'm a dork, but ever since the beach, I have been an avid reader. I'm currently on my fourth book. I've already read two books by Karen Kingsbury and one by Emily Giffin. My next two reads will be "Something Borrowed" and then "Something Blue", these are also by Giffin. I can't fall asleep at night until I read at least a chapter...i feel like i'm in elementary school again trying to get my "book-it" points. So yeah, i'm a huge nerd, but if you haven't read a good book in a while and need a way to relax, I would def suggest it!

I even bring my book to work and secretly read while discretely hiding the book under the desk. I'm pretty sure that would not be acceptable to leisure read during working hours, but oh well, i don't feel too guilty about it.

So i'm still looking for a job in Augusta. The Lord is teaching me patience and trust in a big way right now. I've been praying through some verses to calm my heart and help me realize that God has it all under control!
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
-Proverbs 19:21

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
-Romans 12:12

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
-Philippians 4:6

It's actually not too bad when I start to think about it. Life would be boring if there were no "unknowns" in life. If everything was laid out for me and I felt like everything was already planned out, what excitement is in that? NONE! God is showing me that he doesn't want me to always know what the next step is. He wants to be the one that determines that as I continue to learn how to life each day for him. So, i'm very excited about the job that is to come, even though i don't know what that job might be, it's out there and soon enough, God will open that door for me.

Wedding updates:
-invitations went out last week
-made final decision on wedding cake...yummy!
-PC friends are throwing J and I a lake party this weekend...can't wait!!!!
-going next week to get programs printed

There is a lot going on between now and August 16th, so i am hoping the time will fly. I'm so ready to be married and be able to celebrate with all our friends and family on our wedding day!
But at the same time, I am trying to enjoy each little thing about being engaged. It's so easy to want to rush everything along and mark off the days on the calendar until the Big day! But we have a lot to look forward to that comes in between now and then as well. 3 more showers/parties, my bachelorette party, J's bachelor party, 2 weddings to attend, etc.

And those down times when we don't have ribbons to tie on programs, itineraries to type up, or out-of-town guest welcome bags to fill, those will be the times when you can find me once again, READING a good ol' book!!!

No comments:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg