Thursday, March 26, 2009

my world

Sorry for being so slack lately on my posts. Frankly I just didn't think there was anything worth posting about and I didn't want to bore my many readers! :)

All that said, the past two weeks have flown by and so much has happened. Besides our trip to Boston, there have been a lot of changes in my life. Many changes that I have been praying about for soo long and trying to wait patiently on the Lord for. He took his time, but when he answered those prayers, he answered them in a big way! First of all, most of you know that the past month and a half I have been looking for a new job. It was getting very frustrating and hard for me and just when I didn't think I could take it any longer, I got an email of this lady who needed a babysitter for her 4 children a few afternoons a week. I met with her and she offered me the position. A week later, I had an interview with the Director of the Preschool/Kindergarten program at the church Jonathan and I attend, First Baptist Church of Augusta. I applied to be a teacher next school year for a 3 or 4 year old class. In the mean time I got an email asking if I wanted to apply for a sales position at the Gap. I applied for it, interviewed and the next day got offered the job. That same day I got a called from the Director at the church asking if I could be interested in coming for a second interview in front of the Kindergarten committee. That interview will not be until later in April, but all these things happening at once have been such a blessing. I started at the Gap this week, and i've been babysitting for two weeks now.

God has def answered my prayers and all those others praying for me. This season in my life has been so good, the Lord has taught me so much about his providence in my life. He is always at work in me and he is always working for MY good. The Lord knows how to rescue us, he is just waiting for us to trust him to do that. Never in our wait is God in-active. There is nothing more tiring than waiting, but if we are waiting on the Lord, he will renew our strength. God is passionate about us, that is why he is so patient with us each time we step off his path. I am so slow to cast my cares on the Lord and give him the weight of my worries, but as i've seen in the past when I finally give it all over to Him, he takes it and fights for me!

I am learning what it means to be a woman of God and what it means to be a godly wife. Day in and day out, season by season, God is chaining all these events and circumstances together to become beautiful in HIS time. I will probably always struggle with patience and waiting on the Lord, but one thing I am sure of is, if I wait on Him, He will do a good and beautiful work in me. (Eccl 3:11) Life is so good and God is great!

I just finished the Beth Moore Esther study last night and I cannot say enough good things about it. Praise the Lord for giving Beth the gift to speak, write, study, and research! God spoke through Beth to me over and over again in this series about the "Reversals of Destiny" and how God will turn our lives around for our good, but only when it's in his timing. "For such a time as this" (Esther 4:14) I want to wake up each morning believing that the Lord gave me one more day on this earth, for such a time as this to live out this day to the Glory of God!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, I didn't know all this was happenin w/ your work. I have one more week to go in Esther, it's one of my favorite studies so far!!

Courtney said...

1. Yay for jobs!
2. Yay for new Blog posts!

Tricia said...

I, too, am loving the Esther study! I'm in Week 7 and don't want it to end! It has definitely been a refreshing study for me.
I am excited to see what all the Lord has in store for you and J in the coming year, Cam. What neat jobs you're being offered to help you until you begin grad school next year!
I'm so proud of you!
I LOVE YOU!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg