Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wahoo for KRIS ALLEN!!!



Jonathan and I have been obsessed with American Idol this season and did not miss one show. Of course we were pulling for Kris Allen and we were so pumped last night after they announced that he had won. He is a quiet, humble guy with an amazing voice. He's the type of artist I love to listen to. That acoustic, Jason Marz/Jack Johnson, type and I can't wait till his first album comes out! And to top it off, he's a Christian and I pray that he will continue in his faith even when the fame and fortune can get in the way. Kris and Danny were our two favorites throughout the whole season and I think the reason we were so drawn to them was because even without saying so, you could tell they were believers.
The only sad part about all this is I don't know what we will watch on Tuesday and Wednesday nights now. I know, it's sad we have our "shows" that we have to watch each week, but I guess this will be a good excuse to get off the couch and go for some walks after dinner this summer.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Yes...walks are wonderful, even when Ryan is not too thrilled. And, since i can only last 30 minutes these days, he can bear it. :) But getting out in the fresh air around 7:00pm is the best time cause it's not too hot.
p.s. still waiting on pics of your new house!

Tricia said...

Yea for Kris! You should have heard us squealing in Litchfield last night when they announced the winner!
I'm with Court! Get those pics posted pronto!
I LOVE YOU!!!

Courtney said...

AND Kris is REALLY CUTE! haha! I was so pumped when he won!

Have you seen this?
http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2009/05/american-idol.html

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg