Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Georgia on my mind....

This past weekend was spent moving Jonathan into our new place in Augusta. I took the day off of work on friday because I had to be there for the bedroom furniture and couch to be delievered. Both of our families came to help with the move on Saturday, and on Sunday Jonathan and I spent most of the day cleaning and getting things in order. Today the cable service gets hooked up so J doesn't have to be in a silent house all by himself...he will have the TV for entertainment and background noise. For almost a month now he has lived without a TV, pretty impressive I might say. So you can imagine why now that he is in his own place, the first thing we bought on Friday night after he got off work, was a new TV.
Thanks to both my parents and Court, and J's parents and Josh for coming up on Saturday to help out. It was fun to have everyone together!
The place is really coming together and there are still a lot of things we need and want, but I'm trying to not be so impulsive and remember that we don't have to have EVERYTHING right now. Our next big purchase is a washer and dryer. Don't you hate spending money on things that aren't fun and exciting? But at the same time I can't live without clean clothes!! I can't wait till August when i get to enjoy living there, but i'm glad I have all summer to get it decorated and looking good!!!
Can't wait for everyone to come visit!
I'll post pictures after I get them uploaded onto my computer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day it was!
Your place is already beautiful, you've just begun!!! We'll have a blast this summer getting it all ready before the wedding! I know that you and J are excited!
You made a great choice for your first home, and I am so very proud of you both!
I LOVE YOU!
Mama

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg