Wednesday, May 21, 2008

lovin life

Wow is it hard to come back to work when you've been out for three days straight. It's my second day back at work since I had the ol' teeth cut out. I really could have come back on Monday, but i decided to stay home with mama and hang out with her all day. It was actually a very busy day, full of accomplishments. We got to meet Hanna for lunch and see the big ROCK on her hand! CONGRATS HANNA AND JOHN ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!! I am so excited for you! Then we ran errand after errand getting things checked off the wedding list.
So now here I am caught up with all my work and bored again! But hey, at least it's only a 4 day work week for me and then I get next Monday off for Memorial Day! Woohoo!

On another note, I want to thank Dr. Mama and Dr. J for taking good care of me while I was recovering this past weekend. I couldn't have asked for better caretakers! We had a relaxing weekend laying around watching movies and eating ice cream and jello. Thanks you two for being so sympathetic to such a wimp like me who can't take the pain! I love you both!

So I can't remember if I already posted about this but last Tuesday I had my portrait taken at PC. The weather was absolutely perfect and me, mama, and courtney had the best time! There were several different places on campus that I wanted to have my portrait taken, and I found it easier to walk from place to place instead of getting into a car with the dress on. So from the walking around campus with a wedding dress on (not what you expect to see everyday on PC's campus) to getting honked at a million times and people yelling "don't do it" out their windows, it was a very interesting, funny, and exciting afternoon!
I can't wait to go see all the shots the photographer took! As you probably can tell by how much I talk about it, the thing i'm most excited about for the wedding is the photography. Travis Bell really is amazing and I can't wait for everyone to see his awesome work! I just think that photography is so important on your wedding day because it's the only thing that is left after the day is over. It's what we will have to show for all the money and time spent, so to me photography is well worth every penny!

YAY for the wedding being only 87 days away, everyday i'm more and more ready and excited for August to be here! The time is going by pretty fast, but not fast enough! And the big thing right now that i'm trying to focus on is finding a job in Augusta. I'm praying hard that God will open some doors between now and August and show me where He wants me. So if you want to put this little tid bit on your prayer list for the next few months I would greatly appreciate it.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I agree with the photography, Cam. Sadly, I did not research enough and chose a photographer that was WAY over priced for the poor work that he did. Don't get me wrong, the quality was fine. But, absolutely no cadids, no personality, no fun. I wanted to have my portraits done at PC, too. But he would charge WAY too much to travel. I will always regret the choice i made for photography. Sorry to Daddy for paying so much for something I will always hate. Oh well! What can ya do?
Maybe i should be a guest blogger and release all my hatred toward my pictures, hee hee! :)

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg