Thursday, April 17, 2008

What A Week...

It's been a busy busy week and I don't see it slowing down until after August. But, I like being busy. I'm much more productive and feel like I manage my time better when i keep busy. Monday I left work early to go get my hair highlighted...i like it but im still getting used to it. Then on the way home, I had to take my car to the shop after driving around all day feeling like it was going to blow. Funny side note...Court's tahoe also had to be put in the shop on Monday and last week Mama's car had to be put in the shop. Not the best week for us as far as cars are concerned. Daddy picked me up from the dealership and when we got home I helped mama cook because it was Grammy's 80th birthday. We had Grammy, Papa, and Hanna over for dinner. It was so good to hang out with the fam!

Tuesday after work, I met Elizabeth Ann at the bookstore and we picked out our Beth Moore study (Jesus the One and Only). We are only on day two, and so far it's awesome. After bible study I was able to pick up my car. For some reason I was so busy at work on Tuesday, I didn't get to eat lunch so by the time I got home that night I was starving. After I ate a very yummy grilled pimento cheese sandwich, I watched American Idol and then off to bed. PS...David Cook is by far the best on Idol!

Wednesday work was busy as ever. I was hardly in the office all day, which is a good thing. The time flies when i'm running around all day. For lunch we got to go to the State House grounds to Hospitality Day. Tons of different restaurants and vendors were there serving food. I was stuffed by the time I left, but the food was awesome! I met mama after work at Travis Bell's photography studio to look at me and J's engagement pics. And let me tell you, there was not a bad picture. I couldn't believe how awesome every picture turned out. We picked out the newspaper engagement announce pic, then we picked out a few others. He doesn't post his pics online like some photographers, so that's the only downside.

J has been staying at Catie and Will's townhouse in Augusta the past two weeks so he doesn't have to commute back and forth to work. They have been so sweet to offer their new place for him to stay. I think he was getting lonely there by himself cause he called when he got off work yesterday and decided to come to my house and spend the night. We went to dinner and had a great night just hanging out. I can't tell you the last time the just the two of us went out to dinner. He left early this morning to get back to Augusta in time for work. And by the way, he is loving his new job. He works in a small office with a few other co-workers, most of which are young guys, so he's had fun getting to know them. It's always nice to go to work with people who are fun to be around.

Today has been much slower, hince the writing of this post. I have a few errands to run this afternoon for work, but besides that I am just procrastinating from doing my research on companies that I could care less about. It's funny how now that I know that I won't be here with this company after August, I don't care quite as much about my work. And no one here knows that i'm gonna leave. I am waiting to tell them until the end of May or beginning of June. Don't get me wrong, I still work hard and get everything done on time. It's just the fact that I know i'm leaving so it's hard to not slack. I need to get better about that because I still have at least 3 more months here and I want to be diligent and hard working. We are called to glorify the Lord in all that we do, even in things that we don't like doing, this is something I have to remind myself everyday!

Today after work i'm going for another fitting of my wedding dress. This is my third fitting and probably one of my last. My portrait is being taken on May 13th at PC, so there is still plenty of time to make sure the dress fits perfectly.
Tomorrow will be a fun day. The CVB staff will be doing site tours of different hotels and meeting facilities around the Columbia area. We always have fun together when we are out doing these tours. I love the ladies I work with and I will for sure miss them when I leave here.

So if you aren't bored yet with the play by play of my week, thanks for reading to the end!...hope I helped you waste a few minutes of your time today!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Ann said...

Cameron! Have we talked about Idol? David Cook is my favorite, with Carly in 2nd place...I love that you love it. I'm addicted this season!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg