Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tuesday nights with EA

Every Tuesday, after work, Elizabeth Ann and I meet to have dinner and bible study together. Tonight we are going to Panera Bread, which is one of our usual spots. It's been awesome to have this time with EA. She also lead me in a bible study my sophomore year in college. God has definitely blessed me by providing not only a great friend but an amazing sister in Christ. It's so encouraging to know that almost every morning I have an email waiting on me when i get to work. EA will email me to see how my day is going as well as for accountability. I remember praying when i moved home that God would place another girl in my life to encourage me in my daily walk. And as usual, God answered my prayer.

Tonight is our last study on the Book of Ruth. Next week we are starting a Beth Moore study. Ruth has always been one of my favorite books of the bible, but it wasn't until these past 2 months that I have truly understood the key points behind her story. I've learned so much about how God's plan and timing is so much better than my own. 99% of the time, I do not think like that, I want things done my way and in my timing. But little do i realize that, as John Piper says, "The life of the godly is not a straight line to glory, but they do get there." God takes us down roads where we may not want to follow him, but in the long run, he always has our best interest at hand and he will never leave our side. He has so many great things in store for our future and "in all the setbacks of your life as a believer God is plotting for your joy." It's so comforting to know that God is our #1 fan. "Life is one curve after another. And we never know what's coming. But the point of the story is that the best is yet to come...that is the unshakable truth about the life of the woman and the man who follow Christ in the obedience of faith."
I hope you enjoyed my little sermon! I just wanted to fill you in on what God was doing in my heart. Slowly but surely he is showing me my stubborn and selfish ways and helping me put myself aside and focus on Him. I'm so excited to see what God has planned for me and Jonathan and our future together. One thing I am certain is that it is going to be far better that I can imagine, as long as we have faith and follow our Lord.

Here's the most recent pic of me and EA:
Elizabeth Ann, Me, and the fabulous Courtney Shelton at my engagement party!

No comments:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg