Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Top 10 Favorite Memories of PC

With college graduation quickly approaching for all those 2008 seniors at PC, it's hard to believe that it has already been a whole year since I walked across the stage and accepted my diploma. It's funny how most people associate graduations as a happy time. Well, try going to PC for four years and trust me, you won't be happy to leave. Anyway, as I was sitting here thinking about all those that are a year younger than me getting ready to step into the real world, I couldn't help but think about how my last few weeks were spent as a senior at PC. I believe me and the girls in my townhouse made more memories during those last weeks, than most make during their entire 4 years of college.


Ok, so i've decided to make a top ten list of my favorite memories made at PC.

10. Getting to spend one year at PC with Courtney, I was a freshman when she was a senior
9. Running down the steps on bidday to ADPi
8. Convincing all my roommates that studying is overrated, therefore GPAs suffered sophomore year
7. Staying up till 3am for no good reason
6. Me and alyssa hanging out on 4th floor Georgia with J, Mark, and Taylor our freshman year
5. My senior toast at Black Diamond 2007 (haha...this is a total joke for all of those that were there); really every ADPi and PiKapp party has it's memories
4.Tailgating with my family and friends for all the home football games
3. B1's Fall 2006 Fish Fry and Spring 2007 Fish Fry (me, alyssa, and catie's campus adventure)
2. Growing in my faith tremendously because of the opportunities and people that the Lord placed in my life at PC
1. Meeting my future husband (J was one of the first boys I met at PC)


There are so many more I could list, but these are the few I thought of off the top of my head. Maybe I can convience Jonathan to give me his top ten so that I can post his list as well. haha...like that will ever happen!



"Another turning point a fork stuck in the road

Time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go

So make the best of this test and don't ask why

It's not a question but a lesson learned in time"

"It's something unpredictable

But in the end is right

I hope you had the time of your life"

"So take the photographs and still frames in your mind

Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time

Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial

For what it's worth it was worth all the while"

"It's something unpredictable

But in the end is right

I hope you had the time of your life"

"It's something unpredictable

But in the end is right

I hope you had the time of your life"

"Good Riddance" by Green Day

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Cheers to that! Who would have ever thought that Clinton, SC is THE MOST SPECIAL PLACE ON EARTH!!! I too met my husband there, hung on 4th floor (i'm sure it still reeks till this day), ran down those steps of the Nipple of Knowledge (Neville Hall) to ZTA (sorry ladies...ZTA rocks yo mama), roamed the halls of Belk and Clinton trying to find anyone not studying like me, and met my soulmate best friends for life!

Thanks for sharing your top 10. I'm sure it was hard to narrow it down from the million you have!

GO BLUE HOSE!!

Shelby Sloan Earnst
Class of 2000

Shelby said...

I mean, seriously! Now i'm crying at work Cameron! Thanks! I could go back to my freshman year and do it all over again in a skinny minute...done!

Shelby

Courtney said...

Ditto to THAT!!! Graduation was THE WORST day of my life. I too, met my husband there, hung out on the 4th floor of GA, ran down those steps, and also was an advocate of "studying is overrated"...it sounds like we 3 are related!

On,On PC....

Cameron said...

i'm still laughing at Shelby's
"ZTA rocks yo mama" comment...i love that we all wish that we were still PC sorority girls!

Elizabeth Ann said...

One fond memory I have took place my sophomore year...the night before homecoming. Four or five alumni returing to 3rd floor clinton, double fisting it no less, banging on doors and sharing stories of when they lived there. It was even better bumping into them at Homecoming the next day. Ha ha...it wouldn't make my top 10, but its still funny. And Shelby, everyone knows that ADPi rocks yo mama and yo daddy!

Shelby said...

EA... I feel like you may be speaking of me and my gals that blurry eve of Homecoming! Turning red now...

The hallowed halls of Clinton Dorm will forever be a fav of both Adelphians and Zeta's! That we can all UNITE on! LOVE IT!

XOXO

Shelby

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg