Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Christmas is calling my name

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Ok, not really, but in my head it is. I realize it's still a little early, but i'm already getting in that Christmas mood. This is the first year I will actually decorate my own place for Christmas. Even though J and I will not be in our own home on Christmas day , I still am getting very excited to decorate our humble abode. I've already started buying ornaments, ribbon, and various decorations to fill our house with the Christmas cheer. I do have one dilema, we don't have a fireplace, much less a mantle. So, i've been debating on where I will be hanging our cute stockings that I got on sale last year at High Cotton in Irmo. As soon as I get the house decorated and decide on the perfect place for the stockings and for the tree, i'll take pics and post them. And i'm so pumped because I already got an early Christmas gift from J's mom. She gave us some of the Willow Tree Nativity Scene. I absolutely love it and can't wait to set it out. So see, i'm not the only one already getting pumped for the Holidays!

On another note, me and J still don't know what we are doing about Christmas. We haven't decided how we are spending the holidays. A lot of it depends on which days he gets off of work, but it's still gonna be different for both of us as we spend our first Christmas as a married couple, trying to spread our time out between two families. I'm excited about spending my first Christmas with Jonathan, no matter where we are! I'll keep you posted on our holiday schedule as we figure that all out...because I know you really want so badly to know where we will be every waking moment of the Christmas season!

Ok and one last thing: I need some advice. I've been working here at this employment agency for over a month now. Since I started I have taken on many new roles in the marketing and staffing areas of the company. I'm ashamed to tell you exactly how much I make, because it's such a small amount that you wouldn't be able to quit laughing. So, needless to say I need to ask for a raise. I am doing as much if not more than the owners of this place and feel like I have already emplimented new ideas and have made some money for this company by getting new job orders! I have the right to ask for more money...right? Any ideas on how to go about asking for a raise????

No comments:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg