Friday, November 7, 2008

Thankful

So I guess i'm getting a little ahead of myself with all this Christmas talk. Don't get my wrong...i LOVE Thanksgiving and don't want to just rush through this awesome Fall weather and wonderful Thanksgiving holiday to get to the cold and long winter that begins (and i'm ready for it to end) right as the Christmas and New Years Holidays are over. I actually hate winter...i love the fall cause I get excited about wearing warm clothes like turtlenecks, sweaters, cords, and jeans; but most years winter weather seems to stick around a little too long.
All that said, I need to take advantage of this cool Fall weather. It's always beautiful outside and I love to watch the leaves change. We were in the mountains last weekend for a wedding and the scenery was beautiful! And actually Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! It's always a good reminder of how thankful we should be for all that the Lord has given us, but it is always the perfect holiday to put us right into the beginnings of the Christmas cheer!
The day after thanksgiving it's always been a tradition of me, Mama, and Court to wake up at the crack of dawn and make our way to the Harbison area to do some shopping, people watching, and just spend some good girl time together! It's always been something that I look forward to and I actually don't mind getting up at 5am when I know I get to spend the day shopping with Mama and Court. The funny thing is, we don't always do tons of buys, we just go look, and like i said people watch. Especially in the mall, there are so many people it's really pointless to try and get all your shopping done. But, even so, we go to have fun and as a tradition. This year Jonathan and I will be driving down to Charleston after we spend Thanksgiving lunch with my family. His family spends thanksgiving in Charleston and luckily they always do dinner on Thanksgiving night. Because i'll be in Charleston, Mama and Court have decided to possibly come down to do some "day after thanksgiving" shopping with me, Ro (J's mom), and some family friends of theirs. So we are changing things up this year, but i'm very excited and very thankful for my wonderful family, that has grown into two families since August!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cammy,
We just can't change our Black Friday tradition, can we? Hats off to Ro for allowing Court and me to join you in Chucktown in the early am! Can't wait!
(Do you think Court will leave her little chickadee next year for the day after? :)
I LOVE YOU!!!
Mama

Shelby said...

I'll go ahead and volunteer to keep the lil' "chickadee" next year so ya'll can keep the tradition alive! So plan on it...k!

Courtney said...

Of course i'll continue the tradition...are you kidding me? Shelby has already volunteered!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I usually end up with yall too, so what will we do about that???? I may just have to truck down to Charleston with Jess and Taylor and stay at Nicks Grandmas! Hahhahahah!! Love yall!! Carol

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES!!! Please all of ya'll come! We can't go shopping without the Wilk's clan!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg