Monday, November 17, 2008

Diet

J and I started a diet today. We plan to be on it for the next few weeks, so yesterday we splurged and went all out for our last day before the diet began. We went to Starbucks, which is my absolute favorite, and we ate Mexican for dinner. When I go to a Mexican restaurant, I pig out!! I eat prob a whole basket of chips by myself and then I eat my whole meal. It's ridiculous...hints the pounds i've put on since getting married. They have got to come off, so this is my first official diet. I have never been on a diet before, so this should be interesting. Supposedly it works good and fast, exactly what I need and want. All I have to do is keep telling myself that this is only temporary, once I get to the weight I want, then all I have to do is maintain that weight. Yeah i know, easier said than done, but i've seen this diet work on others and i'm convinced this is exactly what I need.
Thanks to my mom, I have inherited a gene that makes you think you HAVE to have something sweet after every meal. That right there is going to probably be the hardest part about this diet. Not being able to eat something sweet, not even my coffee (because of the cream), is going to kill me before i'm done with this!
Don't worry i'll keep you posted on my progress. Let's just pray this actually works and i'm not going through this torture for no results!!! You should have seen me this morning trying to eat egg whites...i was literally gagging as i was eating them (for those of you who don't know...i HATE eggs), and then try eating plain oatmeal...pretty much taste like tasteless mush!

No comments:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/simplychicblogs/brownandbright.jpg